home

Author Topic: My Reikland and DoW armies (Pic Heavy)  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
My Reikland and DoW armies (Pic Heavy)
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »
So I got the urge to take pictures of my whole army together.  I couldn't really fit the cav on the table with them, so I am doing it in chunks.

The army is predominantly Reikland, and I made contingents from Wissenland and Middenland, to represent troops levied from the lords other holdings.

Here is the Riek side of the army:

One of most of the state troop options, archers are hidden behind the spearmen.  Three warrior priests of three religions, and captain on foot.  In the upper right you can mostly see the block'o'flaggies.  GW is so nice to provide 20 figs worth of arms and heads in a ten man kit.  Was cheap to get the ten extra bodies, lol.

Here is the other side of the army, Middenland and Wissenland.

Left is the oversized block of free company that the Ulric WP accompanies and a small halberd unit I will eventually give shields.  Right is a Solland heritage handgun unit that goes with a gold wizard to be shown later, and a hunter unit.  I plan on adding a unit of spearmen to the grey's, if I can get the 6th ed plastic ones.  A captain on foot made from spare bits is in front and a bit cut off.
I also have a Mariunburg force that is growing.  Only has a pikemen unit that will be shown with my DoW, and a swordsmen unit you can sorta see WIP in the background.

Cav side will be next...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:59:01 AM by Psycho Pirate »

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
Re: Riekland army with support contingents
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »
For the Cavalry, there isn't as much.

First up are the local Knights, the Army General (design based on another board members conversion), Gold wizard (again, copy from another board member, with out the chin issues), Wissenland captasus and stank.

Close up of the two chief lords

Order of Saint Johannus Knights and Pistoliers.  GM is in the Knights with the big plumed hat. Upper right is the WP of Morr I posted some time ago.

Order of the White Cross with GM in front.

I have a unit of outriders I am working on that will be from Altdorf.  I am eagerly anticipating new Empire Knights to make either Knights of the White Wolf or Knights Panther or some other crazy idea bouncing in my head.

What I just realized I forgot to pic were the war machines.  Nothing fancy, just a cannon, mortar and volley gun.  Going to get some spare bits from ebay to make the rocket launcher.

Next is my Dow!

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
Re: Riekland army with support contingents
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
And I think this is most of my DoW I haven't shown before.
Kislev Gryphon legion easily count as DoW Heavy cav w/o barding.  Order of the White Tiger I showed the champion before.  Araby Light Cav I never showed finished.  Ogre Irongunts are obvious. Two Galloper guns, one completed thanks to a board member.  and two heros, one DoW General and a mounted wizard.

And two units of infantry, Mariunberg Pikemen with captain on foot and my Border Prince/Badlands version of Marksmen of Mirigiliano.  The fur caps from the archer set worked great for this unit.  I'm just missing a beasmen Gor head to mount on top.

That's all I got.  Covers most of what I have done over the last year, except some DE.  Please tell me what you think.

Offline Swan-of-War

• Members
Re: My Reikland and DoW armies
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
Great looking stuff Psycho Pirate - keep posting more (with close-ups!)
Check out my blog at Warriors of Mustache

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »
MAn...... i love your Army keep posting maybe some close-ups?  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 02:15:02 AM »
TY, I will try to get some close ups posted later this week.  Anything particular you want to see better?

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 03:05:49 AM »
Troops, characters, anything i like to look for inspiration for my own stuff...thanks  :blush:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 04:48:57 AM »
Ok, close ups of some of the characters I'm pretty sure I have not done close ups on before, and some of the more recent troops I am more proud of.

First the greatswords.  I love this set, bits of it are showing up everywhere.

Solland handguns from the side.  I struggled with the design for the standard, decided to do something less fancy.  In my head I see this unit as having survived the fall of solland and served amongst various lords since then, acquiring ribbons for each major campaign.

My captasus close up.  Wissenland lord who lost a bet with the Reik lord, losing most of his land in the process.  He spends most of his time as a merc, caring little for his people, but some how doing a lot for them in his pursuit of comfort (aqueducts for running water, turning most of them over to a lord that does care, etc).

The knights of the White Cross grand master.  Since the order is based on the Templars and Hospitalars in a bit of a blend, the GM is in red.

Captains on foot, Wissenland and Reikland captains at arms.  I consider the Grey hero to be more of a senior non-com that does the work of an officer without the pay.  The Reik cap is a lesser lord in the service to the general. I love the new captain with great weapon figure, btw.

Oh, to explain the black feathers that show up a lot in my empire army.  Since the Raven seems to be rather common, I see it as how the generals personal troops id themselves amongst each other.  The foreign contingents use white feathers to tie themselves to the main army.  The yellow feather on the grey cap on foot is to help him stand out more.

Lastly acouple of my DoW.  The general a bit closer

And the Araby champion.  The sword is modified from a Black Arc Corsair sword.  I don't think there are enough saber/scimitar like swords amongst the humans of warhammer.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:58:17 AM by Psycho Pirate »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: My Reikland and DoW armies (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 02:24:17 PM »
very cool, i like the mixture of different models parts, in some of the characters good job man  :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Great fluff and really nice looking units and army in full.
 8-)
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline peraturabo

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »
IŽd use some washes if I were you