home

Author Topic: Pleasant surprises part two : miniature exchange  (Read 101440 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Pleasant surprises part two : miniature exchange
« on: January 13, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
As some may remember, last year I organised a miniature exchange on this forum, this to the satisfaction of those that participated.

Link : http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21394.0

Due to the success the first edition enjoyed, I would like to repeat this, so post here if you want to join.

The idea is that you buy, convert and/or paint a mini and send it to someone whose adress you get from me. In return you get another mini from someone else, and so forth. In the end everyone has gotten a mini, and sent one to somebody. Last years' edition saw some true gems and original gifts exchange hands. In the end, everyone was happy with what they got, not to mention the joy we experienced from giving...

Bear in mind that converting and painting are encouraged, but entirely optional, so literally everyone can participate. Newer members will be asked to send before receiving though, to avoid somebody joining just for a free mini.

Please do not post your own adress in this thread, I will ask you for it when I need it. Your personal contact data will thus only be known to me, and only your adress to the person sending you a mini.

Also, to make sure the Imperial Counsellor doesn't reprimand me :

Disclaimer : This event is not an official Warhammer-Empire.com event and the moderators and adminstrators of Warhammer-Empire.com are not overseeing any part of this event outside of the postings on this thread. Your participation in this event is at your own risk and Warhammer-Empire.com bears no responsibility for any items not recieved or lost in the mail and cannot be held accountable for the quality or condition of any models sent or recieved.

On to the fun part :

You can join in until March 31st, and you have to send your mini after June 1st and before September 1st (even though some people did not make that deadline last year, I'd like to stress its importance. Don't keep your receiver waiting needlessly.) This gives you 6 months to complete your entry, so you have time to make it a good one. Do some research on the person you're sending to, and try to give them something that complements (one of their) army(ies). I got a great mounted Hero last year, who has seen quite a few battles since flying in from the States.

Participants

1) Warhammerlord_Soth
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:57:26 PM by warhammerlord_soth »
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
Re: Pleasant surprises part two : miniature exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 04:57:51 PM »
Disclaimer : This event is not an official Warhammer-Empire.com event and the moderators and adminstrators of Warhammer-Empire.com are not overseeing any part of this event outside of the postings on this thread. Your participation in this event is at your own risk and Warhammer-Empire.com bears no responsibility for any items not recieved or lost in the mail and cannot be held accountable for the quality or condition of any models sent or recieved.

I'd make the disclaimer a bit bigger...  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 11:26:46 PM by Perambulator »
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »
I thought you lawyers were all about the small print. Instead of scaring everybody off, how's about you joining in ?

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »
Count me in. steveb

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »
I thought you lawyers were all about the small print. Instead of scaring everybody off, how's about you joining in ?

Ethical lawyers will tell you that disclaimers must be prominent. There is much judicial disfavor for fine print.

About joining in: I don't know. I'm thinking about it.   :::cheers:::
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »

I'm in!

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
Yes Soth as I did last year, so will I do this year.  Last year the exchange was a blast  :mrgreen: Count me in matey  :::cheers:::
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:56:41 PM »
You know im in....
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:44 PM »
Last year I was just getting back into painting miniatures after about 20 years of not doing any.  I hemmed and hawed, delayed and doubted myself ... finally got in on the event.

This year ... no hesitation.  The trick for me will be to not bite off more than I can realistically accomplish. :icon_wink:

Oh ... and just to be clear ... WHL_Soth, you can definitely add me to the list for those partcipating this year. :icon_cool:

P.S.   The Captasus from last year's mini exchange has been used in a 1k and four 1.5 k battles so far.  The 1.5k league finals are coming up fast, and this will have him in another three before the month is out.  Having the ability to switch weapons and go to the ground has worked out a couple of times when the Pegasus has been killed, but I've only lost the guy once when he retreated off the table having lost his mount to an orc chariot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:44:47 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
OK, I'm in.  I will raise my standard this year.

I wonder if mine will arrive before Christmastime this year?   :icon_twisted:

But seriously, thanks for the pinch-hit from last year.  The WP has been sacrificed once already in combat.  "Hey is that a CannonB........"
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline Torin

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »
I'm in.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 08:24:17 PM »
After missing out last time, and then seeing it all progress over the months and being really sad I missed out, this time, count me very very much in.  8-)
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
I would like to be in but my painting skills are abyssal and I donīt want someone to be frustrated.

Well what the heck count me in but tread me as new member that has to deliver first  :biggriin:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 09:46:51 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
Are there any restrictions for the models (i.e no bigger than.... or has to be plastic/metal or anything like that)?
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Brionne

• Members
  • Your Resident Knight.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 09:42:44 PM »
Definately in this time.
Rufas the Eccentric: "Dendo is in Delaware because of their relaxed laws concerning speedos in public places."
Notts: "i'd rather get raped by an angry bear than try, or face this list."

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »
@Fandir : Then don't paint. Convert/do a special kitbash. Find a special model. Or paint one up and rest assured somebody will appreciate your efforts. I would.

Offline Moriar

• Members
    • http://www.facebook.com/martindahl2
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
I would love to join. Those minis last time looked awsome  :::cheers:::
My Nuln army painting log
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 10:17:45 PM »
@Fandir : Then don't paint. Convert/do a special kitbash. Find a special model. Or paint one up and rest assured somebody will appreciate your efforts. I would.

Ok I am in and try to think up something creative.

Offline Ad A Dglgmut

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
Yay, I've been waiting for this to be announced.  I missed out on the first one, so Im eager to participate. :-D
Usually I have a female mage holding my Rod of Power   :-D

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »
OK, so far :

Participants

1)  Warhammerlord_Soth
2)  Steveb
3)  ZeroTwentythree
4)  King
5)  Dannyfave
6)  GamesPoet
7)  Dihenydd
8)  Torin
9)  Siberius
10) Brionne
11) Moriar
12) Volt

Participants, check if you're on this list, I wouldn't want to forget somebody.

• Members
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
Count me in ...I am the 13th warrior and will try to learn your gibberish language (on the Euro Bash)

Offline SirUlrich

• Members
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »
I'm in!

And this time, I'll make the deadline as well! ;)

-SirU

You brush and pallette guys scare me ;)

Offline Marshal Gerhardt

• Members
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 10:57:14 AM »
Followed this last time, and the standard of some of the miniatures was truly astounding.

Count me in  :biggriin:
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness
Nor the arrow for its swiftness
Nor the Warrior for his glory
I love the homeland which they defend.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
I'm in like Flynn, baby.  Sign me up!

:closed-eyes:
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »
I'm in.

Ooooooh.  Now I'm really excited! 

I haven't seen you post very often, but everything of yours that I have seen has been *impressive*.

I would like to be in but my painting skills are abyssal and I donīt want someone to be frustrated.

Not everything needs to be a masterpiece.  My entry got gunked up by bad priming, and my painting skills are nothing to brag about, but It still came out okay.  If you think your painting skills are sucky, you don't have to paint it.  Personally, I would have somebody else contact your recipient (so as not to ruin the surprise) and ask if he wanted his prize painted or unpainted if you're really concerned you might botch it.   

Of course the mini I recieved actually *was* a masterpiece (by our very own Sir Ulrich), but sadly it arrived broken and in a need of repair.  And yes, I'm well aware that I haven't posted pix of it yet, but 2500 (driving) miles currently separate me from my warhammer stuff so it'll be awhile before I can get pix sent in.   :eusa_wall:

In the end, it's just super-cool to have a mini from that WE guy in Austria, or Timbuktu, or wherever, just because it's an interesting conversation piece, and because it brings us together as a community.  I had a lot of fun making my entry for Gladius, and it was a joy to do something nice for a fellow Altdorfer.
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.