home

Author Topic: WIP Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it)  (Read 42611 times)

Offline fp

• Members
Hi. May be some of you still remember my "knights of Morr" project. Here is update, as you can see I'm going to produce resin multipart kits. What do you think about it? Would you like to preorder few sets (no payment needed, I just want to understand how many moulding forms shoul I produce) ;)

NOTE IT'S STILL WIP!

And here is whole progress:

http://www.myphotoalbum.ru/add.php?id_a=5498&id_p=62454&del=1&p=1&k=1

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:03:48 PM by fp »
Pink is like red but not quite.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
how much you charging?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
Final price still not defined. Now just notify me here that you will need some :)

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
fp, priviet moy druk, ya budit nuzhna bet loshad e soldat.  Yaslee rubly netak sleezcom manoga.  Paka steveb

Offline fp

• Members
 :icon_lol:

Not too much, don't wory. I hope my English is not soooooooooo bad :) I hope 5 Knights kit wil cost about $50, but now I can't calculate the exact cost of materials.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
I'll take ten. When will they be ready?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:30:56 PM »
Final price still not defined. Now just notify me here that you will need some :)
well how much they cost depends if i need some or not...
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Hey fp.

I've been following this project since the beginning. I am interested in buying some, but it will depend on the quality of the final product and the price.
Good luck with it anyway.  :happy:

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
I am interested in buying some as well but as said before it all depends on the quality and price of the finished product. From what I see here the quality won't be a problem as it looks great already  :::cheers:::
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Death

• Members
i may be interested. depends on price though... :mrgreen:
the self proclaimed forum handyman.

"Morr calls, will you answer?"

W/D/L
 0 0 0

http://s6.invisionfree.com/old_world_online/

a new forum for fantasy players worldwide, check it out!

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: WIP Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 04:20:39 AM »
:icon_lol:

Not too much, don't wory. I hope my English is not soooooooooo bad :) I hope 5 Knights kit wil cost about $50, but now I can't calculate the exact cost of materials.
no I think that your english is much better than my Russian, I would do better if I could get my cyrilic keyboard to work with this computer. 50.00 sounds reasonable. Where are you located in Russia? You may have said in the past but I am an old man and don't remember. steveb

Offline fp

• Members
Re: WIP Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it)
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 05:11:45 AM »
Well, I'm going to cast sets around december, I have to produce second horse based on this one and lots of bits. The hands would be separate parts, I'll also add command options.

Don't worry about quality, it's not a final look, i'll add some details and polish it to make it much more smooth :)

Offline Mr.Carloff

• Members
  • The haughty adventurer.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 06:36:25 AM »
:) Nice work, but you promise me make some roses for this guy. Would you?
"... Fear not the Steam Tank or Hochland long rifle, for the roaring drunk halberdiers are more dangerous, and infinitely more common - in all sense of the word."
- Sir Gilbert de Arnaud, "Letters Ho

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 06:57:26 AM »
Sure i'll add roses, dot't worry. And morr-stile helmets as one of the options.

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 07:48:25 AM »
I'll announce my interest, but as it is WIP I say for 100% that I'll take them in the end.
But it sure looks promising.
Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.

Offline Douchie

• Members
  • The Army of Eastern Stirland
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
Very Nice,

I'm currently working on my own GS knights but would be very interested in the horses. If you are prepared to do the warhorses alone I would like 8 of them please.

Lovely work  :::cheers:::

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
no problem, I can cast horses separate. May be you'll need the size of horse, it's bigger then normal empire barded warhorses.

Offline Torin

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »
рыцари-вечная головная боль.. хорошая работа, мне нравится. чисто ради интереса: будет один вариант лошадь/наездник? а то отряд из 5 одинаковых моделей ИМХО не очень как-то..
good work, anyway.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: WIP Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 11:07:29 AM »
Nice gothic armour. Are they going to be historical-type knights with no shields? Because that would be good.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
Будет 2 варианта лошадей, как у ГВ, всадники тоже будут разные. этот первый базовый. Короче полноценный вариативный набор. Спасибо за комментарий :)

I will sculpt second horse based on this, so you'll have 4 combinations of legs. 2 horse heads. Different hands and armour decoration for knights. 5 helmets.

Shield would be an option, so as you wish :)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 11:15:57 AM »
хорошая работа

Indeed!

Are you planning any changes for the horse itself, or is what we see pretty much the finished product?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: WIP Alternative Knight and warhorse models (now GS, but I'm going to cast it
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 11:23:01 AM »
Are you planning any changes for the horse itself, or is what we see pretty much the finished product?

I'm guessing there will be a head for the horse.  :icon_razz:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »
A pity. No Hessian "Headless Horse"-man for me, then...

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »
My brother's been running a unit of headless pistoliers for years now... though I think that might finally come to an end soon...

And yes, both horses and men were headless... now they have heads at least blue-tacked on and they are kicking a lot more butt... no surprise really....

Oh and on topic, those knights look cool, they kinda remind me of the dark eld cold one fellows with the pointy toes and angular armour.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Douchie

• Members
  • The Army of Eastern Stirland
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »
no problem, I can cast horses separate. May be you'll need the size of horse, it's bigger then normal empire barded warhorses.

That's great, I always thought the GW horses were far too small. How much bigger are the horses.