home

Author Topic: 1000pt Ostermark State army [my very first list]  (Read 1482 times)

Offline ImperiusDominatus

• Devotee of Khaine
1000pt Ostermark State army [my very first list]
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »
Hey all,

I'm new to the site and thought I'd start off by posting my very first Empire list; I'm also quite new to Warhammer altogether, having only played a Druchii warband before. I've decided to go with the theme of a State army from Ostermark, mainly because that province doesn't get mentioned much and I love the idea of having the toughest troops in the Empire. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. :happy:

Captain Herman von Strauss (Captain, joins Knights)
- Lance
- Shield
- Full plate armour
- Barded warhorse
- Van Horstmann's Speculum
108pts

Father Karl Hurst (Warrior Priest, joins Swordsmen)
- Great weapon
- Armour of Meteoric Iron
- Icon of Magnus
144pts

20 Swordsmen
- Standard bearer
- Musician
135pts
10 Free Company Detachment
50pts

20 Spearmen
- Full Command
- Shields
140pts
10 Free Company Detachment
50pts

10 Crossbowmen
80pts

5 Inner Circle Knights
- Full Command
- Steel Standard
190pts

Great Cannon
100pts

Total: 997pts
PD: 2
DD: 3
Khaela Mensha Khaine!

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only Space Marines... and war. With Space Marines.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
Re: 1000pt Ostermark State army [my very first list]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »
Welcome to the best Warhammer site on the web.  Have a drink on me Lord Midaski.

As long as you stay on the right side of the Inquisition, you'll do fine.  The Inquisition does not make that many mistakes, but when they do you will be glad that you have purchased a Sigmarian Indulgence signed by Vice Theoginist Johann Esmer* himself for the low new member rate of $100,000.  Don't worry it's only virtual money.

As to the list itself.  I think it's pretty good, but I would suggest putting the Captain (General) in with the spears.  Or put him with the swords and the priest with the spears.  The reason is the Knights already have leadership 8.  If the Captain is with them, he is very likely to be out of range for the LD 7 spearmen.  Even with the Captain in the IC knights, they still are unlikely to break a fully ranked infantry unit. 

Just my two cents.

Or, if you swing more to the Ulrican side I can provide an indulgence signed by Biff Huss.

Edit:  Having just read your signature, you best buy both Indulgences!
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Perambulator

• Administrator
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 08:17:52 PM »
I would put the WP with the IC knights and give them the War Banner instead of the Steel Standard - drop one man from a FC detachment for the point difference.
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Wyzer1

• ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 10:16:05 PM »
I wouldn't bother with VHS at this points level

The VHS is really only useful against stuff with bigger stats than him, and most of these things are Lord level characters...

Otherwise its a good list, and Welcome to the Empire!

BTW your going to find that the "Toughest Troops In The Empire" actually turn out to be a bunch of whimpy girly men...  :dry:  sorry  :icon_wink:

As long as you stay on the right side of the Inquisition, you'll do fine.   The Inquisition does not make that many mistakes, but when they do you will be glad that you have purchased a Sigmarian Indulgence signed by Vice Theoginist Johann Esmer* himself for the low new member rate of $100,000.  Don't worry it's only virtual money.
Two things regarding fair Rufas's Eccentric post.

1.) Great advice, and the best way to stay on the good side of the Inquisition is to, in fact, join the Inquisition!

2.) Be careful with Rufas's "Virtual Money" thing, last time I heard his definition of "Virtual Money" involved paypal  :ph34r:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline HoS

• Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:28:42 AM »
Ahem ahem. Were you even part of the War for Ostermark Succession? I thought not. My army consisted cheifly of Ostermark volunteers, lead by Talabheimers, and was extremely succesful.

As for the Inquisition:

As the Public Relations Inquisitor of Care and Karma, I officially welcome you to munchkin land (oh wait, isn't that Bugman's?) I mean, uh, W-E.com. Don't worry about silly old Rufas, he just likes to scare people. He actually, I fear, models himself off of Lord Midaski somewhat, who happens to be our benign antagonist. While the indulgences may seem somewhat expensive, they are a very good safegaurd for those unable to join our erudite ranks. But, seeing as you are coming from 40k, I shall give you a sympathy coupon, reducing the price to a far more affordable $50,000, or 25,000 quid. That is, of course, prior to any and all fees, including but not exclusively:

Tax to support the Public Relations Inquisitors of Care and Karma department.-$1,000
Tax to support Averlander's, and their gonad transplant process(very expensive, believe me.)$4,000
Tax for Midaski's retirement(rumored to be only a few days away).-$500
Tax to get steriod's for Rufas' legs, to help him grow taller(He's a dwarf.)- $ 4,500

So you should only owe a total of...

$60,000, which is not too bad.

Oh, and about the army list:

As soon as you can, boost those parent units up to 25, you can do this with a mere one box of soldiers. Then, when you get the chance, buy two more boxes, and make some detachments. I would advise swordsmen or halberds or free company for detachments, but spearmen are just silly in that role. Other than that, go get em tiger!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• let the wookie win!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 03:27:42 AM »
After all the ramblings from the other guys, I'm going to say something about your list. :wink:

I agree with Wyzer1, I wouldn't bother with the VHS at this points level.

I'd also put the priest with the IC knights to reroll those S6 attacks, and put the captain (the general of the army, I suppose?) with the infantry. Simply switch their equipment (well, the priest will have to do with heavy armour and a great weapon instead of full plate and a lance, but you get what I mean).

Other than that, looks like a very nice 1000 pt army.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline ImperiusDominatus

• Devotee of Khaine
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »
Well, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. This definitely looks like a great site. :smile2:

1.) Great advice, and the best way to stay on the good side of the Inquisition is to, in fact, join the Inquisition!
Where do I sign up?

Though, how is the Inquisiton when it comes to Khaine worshipers? Yay or nay? Just wondering is all... :unsure:

Ahem ahem. Were you even part of the War for Ostermark Succession? I thought not.
Er, no, though if I were actually a player at the time, I would have. Does that count?

Can I pay in slaves?

Thanks for the help on the list, though. I'll be sure to swap the Priest and Captain around and get rid of VHS. Also, I'll swap the Steel Standard for a Warbanner.
I'll be playing my first game this weekend against a Vampire Counts army, so I'll hopefully write up a battle report for my first game and let you guys know how I went.

Sincerely,
The Baron Wilhelm von Stukenheim, loyal subject of the League of Ostermark and devoted servant of Khaine Sigmar.  :icon_smile:
Khaela Mensha Khaine!

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only Space Marines... and war. With Space Marines.

Offline Wyzer1

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »
Well, I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. This definitely looks like a great site. :smile2:
:biggriin: This is my absolute favorite forum on the net! And for good reason to

Where do I sign up?
In the conveniently located next to the Counts Tavern  :happy:  http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=17577.msg201718#msg201718

Though, how is the Inquisiton when it comes to Khaine worshipers? Yay or nay? Just wondering is all... :unsure:
Hmm, good question. I believe IIRC that worship of Khaine in the Empire is strictly forbidden. But what the Inquisition doesn't know won't hurt it  :engel:  (We need to discuss this in the Inquisition BTW)

Ahem ahem. Were you even part of the War for Ostermark Succession? I thought not.
Er, no, though if I were actually a player at the time, I would have. Does that count?

Can I pay in slaves?
You have 60k in slaves? w00t

Thanks for the help on the list, though. I'll be sure to swap the Priest and Captain around and get rid of VHS. Also, I'll swap the Steel Standard for a Warbanner.
I'll be playing my first game this weekend against a Vampire Counts army, so I'll hopefully write up a battle report for my first game and let you guys know how I went.

Sincerely,
The Baron Wilhelm von Stukenheim, loyal subject of the League of Ostermark and devoted servant of Khaine Sigmar.  :icon_smile:

cool  :biggriin:

Offline HoS

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »
Actually the comment about the War of Ostermark Succesion was directed towards my boneheaded ballsless Averlander of a esteemed commander, Wyzer1.

Actually, I don't think we honour slaves as currency, but if you would kindly rename them Cruelly Annoying Neandrethals Needed to Obstruct the Nefarious Foe from Obliterating our Delighfully Decorous and Erudite Ranks*, that would be fine.

*We in the Inquisition tend to make up ridiculous acronyms. This one is C.A.N.N.O.N  F.O.D.D.E.R
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:50:13 PM by HoS »
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Wyzer1

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 03:11:41 AM »
Actually the comment about the War of Ostermark Succesion was directed towards my boneheaded ballsless Averlander of a esteemed commander, Wyzer1.

Actually, I don't think we honour slaves as currency, but if you would kindly rename them Cruelly Annoying Neandrethals Needed to Obstruct the Nefarious Foe from Obliterating our Delighfully Decorous and Orderly Ranks*, that would be fine.

*We in the Inquisition tend to make up ridiculous acronyms. This one is C.A.N.N.O.N  F.O.D.D.E.R

Helblaster, if you recall from a previous thread I revoked your acronym writing privileges... Following that clever one from earlier your privileges are reinstated  :happy:

But, C.A.N.N.O.N  F.O.D.D.E.R   The E you used "Orderly", maybe you could use "Elderly" ... you know, like Mid---- uh...

But seriously how long did it take you to come up with that  :icon_exclaim:   :?    :mrgreen:

BTW 6-posts to the best one  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 03:13:55 AM by Wyzer1 »

Offline HoS

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Ummm.. I think two minutes. Something like that.

And howabout Erudite? Sounds better than Elderly, I think.

And what do you mean "6 posts to the best one?"
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Wyzer1

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
Ummm.. I think two minutes. Something like that.

And howabout Erudite? Sounds better than Elderly, I think.

And what do you mean "6 posts to the best one?"
1337 posts...

Hmm, I better make my next one important  :-D  Either that or bring up a 4 year old thread with "I agree" lol

Offline HoS

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »
Ohhhh, hahaha. Yeahhh... I need to start thinking about that too! Lol.
Gave into the WoW.