home

Author Topic: Red Mage Revised List, now with proper variety  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
Red Mage Revised List, now with proper variety
« on: May 09, 2007, 07:53:21 PM »
Edit!  I figured since I am putting all this stuff back in my army that I had rallied against, I might as well include a Mortar.

After a rant against cannons and their subsequent purge, I am putting them back on the table.  Misfires and 1s ToWound be damned.

A true Red Mage list has one thing - versatility.  I neglected this and am hoping to rectify the matter.  Not too much of something, not too little.

Basically, the list has most of the better pieces of the Empire, along with a nice dirty trick - Ogre Ironguts in place of calvary.  This is at 2000 points.

Arch Lector (Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz)
Great Weapon, Shield, Heavy Armour
Helm Of The Skaven Slayer (Plaasvon Hat), Doomfire Ring, Holy Relic (Symbols Of The 2 Emperors)

Lv. 2 Fire Wizard (Emma Russell)
Ring Of Volans, Rod Of Power

Warrior Priest (Brother Cripple)
Great Weapon
Armour Of Meteoric Iron (Ironmongers' Armour), Icon Of Magnus

Battle Standard Bearer (Captain Tineal)
Full Plate Armour
Griffon Banner

23 Swordsmen, full command - 2 Detachments of 6 Handgunners
(Arch Lector and Wizard go here)

24 Swordsmen (maybe Halberds), full command - 10 Free Company and 6 Archers as detahcments
(BSB here)
* Funny story about the unit's name!  It is a profane name, so I would not post it here even though I'd like to.

24 Halberdiers/Spearmen, full command - 10 FC and 6 Archers as well

5 Pistoliers, Champion w/ Repeater Pistol and Musician

Imperial Great Cannon

Mortar

4 Ogre Ironguts, Standard and Bellower
War Banner
*although I am 1 point short of a Luck-Gnoblar, he will be there, as Gnoblars are awesome.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:47:15 AM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline gladius

• Members
  • Knightly Order of the Mould Line
Re: Red Mage Revised List, now with proper variety
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
Oops, no knights??  :Ohmy: Well I guess the ironguts will do the trick (plus they cause fear, don't they?)

I like your list, it is quite original (especially in your magic items). The only concern I'd have is : are you sure you want to put two characters in the same unit? I did it in my last game and losing the unit made me lose the game. You may want to reconsider this and maybe find a more comfortable place for your lady wizard.

apart from that, looks like a good versatile, red mage list, let us know how well it does.
The cost of Victory is blood. The cost of Defeat is everything.
----------------------------------------
My painting blog (in French) : http://bogenhafen.blogspot.be/